Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yummy in my Tummy!

If you aren't familiar with www.e-mealz.com you should be. Why, you ask? Because it is a meal planning system that provides you with a menu and shopping list for the week. It isn't free, but only costs $15 for three months. You get to select your particular plan. For example, I have previously done the Point System for Two people and I selected Walmart as my shopping venue. I have made three pretty tasty meals this week that I thought I'd share with all 3 of you that read my blog!

The first is Mexican Minestrone:
2 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
2 14 oz Mexican style stewed tomatoes
15 oz whole kernel corn
14 oz FF chicken broth
2 c chopped potatoes
1 c salsa
1 c frozen cut green beans (but I just dumped in a can)

Combine all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours, or until veggies are tender. Makes 6 servings @ 4 pts each.
E-mealz suggests making this with Italian Breadsticks. 1 breadstick @ 2 pts each.

Crunchy Onion Tenders
1/2 lb skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders
1/4 c FF egg substitute
1/2 c crushed French fried onions

Dip chicken strips into egg substitute and then into onion crumbs. Fully coat strips. Bake on a sprayed baking sheet for 20 min @ 400. Makes 2 servings @ 5 pts each.
E-mealz suggests serving with boiled corn (1 ear @ 1 pt) and Green Beans (0 pts).

I'll post the third later! Oh....I forgot to tell you one of the best parts! E-mealz calculates your estimated cost for the groceries needed to make these recipes. You can get online and view a sample meal plan and give it a try. If you're like me you make the same things over and over cause it's easy and you know the recipe by heart. I love that these are new meals to eat and most of them are very tasty! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment