Saturday, July 9, 2011

Waiting...

Exactly one year ago, while in Dallas visiting friends and celebrating our anniversary, Seth and I decided we were going to start trying to have another baby. The weird thing was that that very weekend I was already about one week late. We found a Wal-mart and ran in quickly to buy a pregnancy test. We returned to the hotel and anxiously waited to see if one or two lines were going to appear on that little pee stick. Negative. That was ok, we had just decided we were going to try for another one. No biggie! August approached and it was time for "that drs. visit." Yea, you know the one! When the nurse asked the date of my last period I told her that is was in June. "June," she replied, eyebrows raised. "Yes, June. But I've had 6 negative pregnancy test." The dr. came in and said it wasn't a big deal that I hadn't had a period in July. And that it usually happens at some point or another, but that he wanted to do a blood test. Now, me and needles don't mix! AT ALL! In fact, while i was preggo with Drew my obgyn would prescribe hydrocodone for me before a blood test.
They attempt to draw blood but can't get anything. "Come back sometime this week." However, 'this week' was the first week of school. Not happening! On the first day of school approximately 15 min before kids came in from the playground my body decided to "get back in the swing of things" as well. Yay! Does this mean I don't have to take a blood test? (fingers crossed!)
So at this point, June: normal; July: abnormal; August: normal. September was normal and October was as well. November: same as July.
I called the dr. in December and they got me in quickly. The dr. gave me a prescription for ProVera, a drug that would "trick" my body into having a period. On the # day take another drug, Clomid, for 5 days then you can __________. Ok, so I'm not actually writing what your supposed to do after that. The desired outcome is a baby so you can fill in the blank!
I did this for 4 months and then went back to the dr. That's when I had the HSG and he upped my Clomid dosage. It's been a year since we rushed into the Wal-mart in
Dallas and we are still patiently waiting. I know that a year isn't long and that some people try for years to get pregnant and can't. I also know how wonderfully blessed I am to have a child and I wouldn't trade him for the world. But I also know that God's not done with us yet in the way of children. So we'll wait another year if that's what God has in store for us. I joke that God laughed at me because when people would ask if we wanted to have another I'd always say, "We'd like to get pregnant in August so that I'd be due in May. That way I can have all summer at home with the baby." So the waiting game continues. In the meantime, we will continue to pray for God's will and His perfect timing.

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you, friend. I know the Lord's timing will be perfect. Love you!

    ReplyDelete