Monday, February 16, 2009

The Birthday Boy!


This was the scene two years ago today. Andrew William arrived at 9:49 pm and Rocked Our World! We woke Drew up this morning and let him open a present today. His party isn't until Saturday so he'll open more later. We got him Gator Golf. You know the game where you putt the ball into the gator's mouth and the ball automatically shoots back out to you. He loves it. Can't quite manage a putter, but loves it. Here are some shots of him opening his gift and playing golf with Daddy.






After Professional Development (fun!), Drew and I drove up to my parents' to pick up some stuff. Drew disappeared into another room to do his business. I went in to check on him and he said, "Poo Poo in the Potty." My response: "You want to go poo poo in the potty?" A very enthusiastic YES was thrown back to me. So...off to buy a potty. I know some of you are saying, "The kid just turned two, don't force him." I'm not forcing him. He stays with my aunt during the day and she has a three year old, so I know he sees A use the big boy potty and wants to do the same. Anyway, Drew and I had to go to Wal-mart to order his cake and I just thought I'd pick up a potty there. WRONG! They had one potty choice and although it was blue, I thought it was a little "girly". Target, here we come!

When I mention to Drew that we are gonna try Target, he immediately asks for icee and pop-orn. No, I didn't misspell popcorn! So I add "potty" to the list. Icee, pop-orn, potty! What a combo, right? So here's the end of the birthday night...

Potty, Icee, and well, we'd already finished the pop-orn!

P.S. No, he didn't pee-pee in the potty! Gotta start somewhere right?
















4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (I know I'm late) Drew! Keep working on my name, foremost, and then potty training can be secondary to that...haha. Rach and Seth, congratulations on keeping him alive and so adorable for two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute. Hey, if he doesn't want to pee in the potty try him standing up. Bryston wouldn't have anything to do with sitting and peeing:) LOL

    ReplyDelete