Monday, February 23, 2009

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To...

Saturday was Drew's Birthday Party. And boy was it a blast! If you haven't figured out by now, the boy likes trains. So a Thomas party was a must. The "tablescape" is a white ceramic train in four separate pieces. Seth's grandmother made this and has passed it on to us. I filled the two train cars with M&M's and Skittles. There is a gumball on top of the engine funnel to look like smoke. If I'd thought about it, I'd have gotten several and affixed them together to look better, oh well.
Next, the all important cake. I found this cute Birthday Thomas that has a box car that slides open and has balloons painted on it. I took them to Wal-mart and had them put on his cake. The results...
One of the first things Drew opened was a Diego Tough Trike. It's like a big wheel but you don't sit down so low. He plays with this at the sitter's and the first thing he said was "Adam's". Because it was just like Adam's trike. Josh and Bob, patiently put together the trike and Drew loves it.
Posing with Josh before riding his "bike".

Kind of a "deer in the headlights" look. Isn't he a big boy!
More Thomas toys, cause he doesn't have a thing. What a deprived little man!

2 comments:

  1. Re: your comment...

    I'm SOOO glad to know I'm not the only teacher who asks her kids what month it currently is, and then asks them what month school started! Then they look at me as if I've just beaten them! It's freakin' 9th grade, people!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you won the purple lemon giveaway at my blog!!! email me!

    ReplyDelete