Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shaver Soup Night

Tonight was our annual Shaver Soup Night at my Granny's house. We all gather together to have, what else...Soup! We get together on Christmas Eve but it is so chaotic that we don't really get to socialize with one another. Spending Christmas Eve Eve together lets us just sit back and enjoy everyone's company. This year, because of illness, my Granny hosted Soup Night. I found this picture from last year, and thought it was cute!


Shaver Soup Night 2007
Today also brought a visit to the doctor. Drew ran a temp. all day yesterday, his nose ran like a faucet, and he had a horrid cough. Trying to be proactive, we made a doctor's appointment for this morning. However, this morning Drew had no fever. And the one time his nose didn't run all day long??? The doctor's office! Why is that? I feel like the drs. are like, "Sure, your child is sick! (you lying, crazy mother!)" Poor thing, just has a bad cold.



After leaving the pediatrician's office, we headed to the airport to meet Owen, Nathan, and Emily. Only, we didn't get the message that their flight had been delayed. I called Nathan's mom to get the scoop and realized I wasn't going to get to be there when they brought Owen home. (Nathan and Emily adopted Owen from Korea and brought him home today. Merry Christmas!) I had already made lunch plans with "The Girls".

Micah, Kara, Kristen, Laurel

So, here are the girls (minus me) eating lunch at Cheddar's. I am so lucky to have friends like these girls! Micah, Kara, Laurel, and I are all the same age. Kristen is our elder! haha Micah and Laurel were the only two people I knew on my first day in seventh grade! Can you believe I still know these ladies and for the most part keep up with each other? All 5 of us grew up at GABC and our families still attend there. Auh-mazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment