Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Handy Man (and Woman)

During the hail storm we had back in the spring, our home received some damage. We have these lovely awnings over the windows on the west side of our house that looked like swiss cheese (Seth's words) after the storm. It has taken this long to get the awnings fixed and put up again and I think they look great! We also lost a pane of glass out of one of the light fixtures on the front porch. They were hideous anyway so...we bought new ones this week. My handy dandy husband installed them yesterday and they look great! Thanks, honey!



Those of you who know me well, know that my favorite store in the metropolitan area that is Fort Smith, is Hobby Lobby. My grandmother knows this well and got my a gift card for Christmas. It was obviously burning a hole in my pocket so...off to Hob. Lob. My mom-in-law and I went the day after Christmas with the crazy people who apparently needed another Christmas tree. One lady went hysterical when the poor boy came to unlock the door 5 minutes early! Ok, back to my story! I bought 4 rolls of wrapping paper, cause you can never have to much cute paper. Then Seth took my back last night cause it was really bothering me that I still had money on this gift card and I'd yet to spend it all. All Christmas merchandise had been marked down to 66% off. What you see below is what I purchased. I got a deal!




In the canister is one of those rub on saying that peels off when you want to take it down. My mom put one up this year and I really liked it! Her's said: Christmas It's the most wonderful time of the year. We (the fam) joked that it wasn't going to come down and someone laughed that in March it'd be the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. I realize in typing this that it was so much funnier in person! Well, one of you might think that's funny! amuse me The one I bought says Merry Christmas. The other items I purchased are to help me "winterize" this wreath below. We'll see how that goes! I don't have a wintery something for my front door and don't really want to have to buy something. I thought I'd remove the tacky red bow and go from there. I'll let you know how it turns out!




Isn't this the cutest picture of my parents. Not so much a good picture of Drew, though. I took this on Christmas Eve after our Candlelight Service and he must have been to wrapped up in the thought of presents. ????


I hope everyone had a great 2008 and an early "Happy New Year" to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment