Friday, June 5, 2009

Picnik, In-laws, and Skin Care

I love the website http://www.picnik.com/. If you haven't played with it yet, you MUST! I have played this this before, but due to my Digital Photography workshop on Thursday, I was able to actually take some photos. This first picture was taken on my in-laws back porch/deck. I just thought it was the neatest collection of items. I really like the weeds/grass growing out of the pot on the left. That is a saucer that you place under a pot sitting on top of the pot.

This picture was taken in my in-laws front yard. I love the old rusty jug and the American flag. My favorite part is the star banner hanging in the window. I uploaded this to Picnik and rounded the edges and added the text. Cool, huh?

Who loves a compliment? All of us, right? I am soooo thankful that my mom didn't skimp on skin care for my sister and myself. Since we were young, we've always used Clinique skin care and make-up. Because of Clinique, and good genes, I've received several compliments on my skin. I don't do anything out of the ordinary. But I will admit a few things my mom would cringe over. First, I have rosacea. Lovely! I didn't really notice it until about a year and a half ago. At my yearly dermatologist appt. I purposefully didn't wear make-up so he could have a good look at my face. He asked if anyone in my family had it. And yes, my dad does. He also asked if anything triggered it like spicy foods, temperature, sun exposure, pregnancy. Ding, ding, ding! I had had Drew about 6 months prior to noticing the red splotches.


So he gave me this prescription and told me to stay out of the sun, not to eat spicy foods, and not to blah, blah, blah. So I went to the Clinique counter in search of a cleanser that would meet these requirements the dr. told me to stay away from. Found one...




Ok, so I know some of y'all are going, "If she's used Clinique forever, didn't she already know about this?" Yes, I did however, I was not aware that there was an Extra Mild formula, perfect for my skin. (I just can't find a picture of it.)

I use this everytime I step foot in the shower. Here comes my biggest secret...I don't wash my face before bed. I know, I know...I should really take off my make-up because it clogs my pores and yadda yadda yadda. But, I don't!

After finishing the lovely cream the dr. prescribed I went back to the Clinique counter in search of there new Redness Solutions line. I found this creamy, lightweight lotion that I love.

The worst part, it's about $50 with tax. OUCH! I love it though. I bought this in March-ish and haven't even used a 1/4 of it. I'm hoping I can get away with only buying it during a free gift time. Let's all cross our fingers!

I know that most of you could not care less about my skin care regime, but you chose to read this..haha! Now it's your turn. What's your skin care routine? Do you have any secrets? Tell us all about it!



2 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna lie...I don't wash my face before bed either and if Heather read that, she would absolutely kill me. I use RE-9 cleanser from Arbonne, but I haven't really noticed a reverse-aging process yet, ha! I also use their baby lotion on my face because it's supposed to reduce redness, haven't noticed anything there yet either. Also, my derm said I needed to get my red spots lasered, so I'm saving up about a million $ to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm w/ both of you...I don't wash my face b/f bed either. SO glad to find other people who don't! I love the feeling when I do, but don't get around to doing it very often. However, I used Mary Kay Velocity products mostly. They're mild enough to not cause any problems, yet do the job it seems. I also use a "rougher" Neutrogena (oil-free) face scrub wash often too.

    ...this whole post cracks me up, but I love it! : ) Enjoy your summer break! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete