Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Trip to the View

Mountain View that is. We arrived at my in-laws around 8:30ish Thursday evening. Drew was so excited! So excited he didn't go to sleep until around midnight. The next day we (Seth, Drew, Pat {mom in law}, and I) headed into town to meet Seth's dad, Bob, for lunch. We then walked around the square and looked in a few little shops. The first shop was Cornerstone. During my last summer's visit to this store I left with a new pair of Yellow Box sandals and Reef sandals. Score! This year was not much different. My mother in law lead me upstairs to see the shoes. My eyes immediatley darted to this lovely...



so I obviously tried them on and they fit like a glove. Pat told me she'd buy them for me as an early birthday present. And by early I mean 2 months! Sweet! We then walked down to another store called Marty's. During my last visit to Marty's I got these cute little rhinestone peace symbol earrings. They had a matching necklace but I wasn't buying at the time so I passed. This time, I had my heart set on that necklace. It was sitting in the very spot it was in a month ago, so I know it was meant to be! Pat also bought me a Life is Good t-shirt to complete my birthday gifts.


That morning before shopping spree 09 began, the Today show had a lady discussing colors for the summer season. She claims that Pink is the color for summer. Thinking like the girly girl I am, I quickly told Seth that I needed a pink purse. I explained to him that the color for fall and early winter was purple and that I was totally going to be out of season carrying my purple purse when clearly pink was the new top dog! My oh so sweet husband to loves me dearly said, "You already have one. No!" Ok, so I probably do somewhere but you never know unless you try right? This reminded my mother in law, Pat, that she had bought a purse that she wasn't crazy about and that I could have it if I wanted.

The purse is Kathy Van Zealand and the only reason I know that name is because during my in-laws last visit to the Fort, Pat was looking for one at Dillard's. The purse is similar to this but instead of white is more creamy shimmery-ish. And instead of silver the details are all gold. It is soooooo cute. It also holds all of my crap and has an outer pocket for my phone so I'm not digging at the bottom of my purse when someone calls.

I always enjoy my time in Mountain View, but I have to say, I did Good! Thanks, Pat and Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment