Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Arts & Crafts Time

A few years ago I bought three frames for 80% off at Hob Lob. They were all black and had chips in the paint, dents, etc. Nothing a sharpie couldn't fix! :) I stapled some black and white fabric behind them and hung them on the wall in our old house. Here they have been repurposed into collages for pictures. What? These are already picture frames? Just wait...I started by spray painting the frames brown.
Collected these supplies: (scissors, duct tape, fabric)And these: (more fabric and some cardboard)All I did was this:
1) Cut cardboard to size of frame opening.
2) Wrap fabric around cardboard and pull tight.
3) Secure fabric in place with the "fancy adhesive"
4) If your cardboard is large enough, you will not have to do anything, but pop the cardboard in the back of the frame.
This frame and cardboard made a perfect fit. However I did a slightly larger frame and my cardboard was too small. To remedy this, I just didn't tape the two ends to the cardboard, I taped them to the frame. The cardboard was too small, but only I know that! (Now you too!)
You can see how I have these frames placed. I covered the other one with the brown and white polka dot fabric shown above.
I then using straight pins, added some pics. The pins allowed me to make tiny holes and I can also change pics whenever I want.Here's the finished product hanging on the wall. The other frame is done as well, I just didn't take a picture. Sorry.
Happy crafting!
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment