Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Days

One of the perks of being a teacher is SUMMER! I think every teacher would agree that summers get shorter every year! I always get frustrated with people who know nothing about teaching that say..."You get three months off during the summer." Not true! Two months is more like it and scatter a few professional development classes in there. Then be married to a coach or band director, like my sis, and you are very limited to a summer!
Earlier in June, Seth, Drew and I were able to go to Savannah with Seth's parents to visit Kyle and Jennifer (Seth's brother and his wife.) We did tons of fun things while there: took Drew to his first movie at the theater: Toy Story 3!
from my iPhone, so it's blurry

We went bowling:
We also had family pictures done on Tybee Island:



These were my two favs from the photo shoot!
The latest from Drew:
  • On the way to church Drew mentioned the clouds and heaven...I asked him who lives in heaven..."Santa"...lol
  • When we were eatting dinner on the fourth with my parents, Sarah, and Josh, Drew mentioned armpits. He said he wanted to see my armpits (I know, gross, right!) When asked what he saw he replied...dots! lol...better dots than hair, I guess!
  • You know the song on KLOVE, "You will be safe in His arms" It was on the radio and Drew thought they said safe in His eyes. "Why they say safe in his eyes?" "Safe in his arms," I said. Drew asked what that meant. I told him that we were safe because it was like God was holding on to us, protecting us. Drew said, "Like he saves us." Ahhhhhh!































































No comments:

Post a Comment